Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Origami for one

Last Thursday was the first after school storytime for this school year. I must not have done enough publicity, because I only got one little girl. Since I didn't have an audience, I didn't do the story I had planned (Momotaro). Instead we just did origami together. We made a traditional model, the ball (sometimes called a balloon or a water bomb) which is fun and pretty easy. It's in lots of basic origami books, and you can find directions here:  http://www.ehow.com/how_2377159_ball-out-one-piece-paper.html

We also did a talking puppet. The model comes from Steve and Megumi Biddle's book, The New Origami. I don't think it's available online, but I have the book at home. I made up my own story to go with it. I'll post it when I get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment